Thursday, December 10, 2009

No More Tyranny

I was planning to blog about various tyrannies that we all face in life. These include tyranny of self, tyranny of the now, tyranny of temptation, tyranny of technology, and tyranny of wasted time.

I decided against pursuing this stream of thought because the entire tenor would be negative. I really want to get away from that most of the time (not all the time, as evidenced by the previous post on my blog).

There are many tyrannies in life. We tend to be very aware of these. There are also, especially for the Christian, many good things in life. One of those things is the opportunity to blog. I still find it amazing - probably because I'm technologically very much a novice.

Blogging is a blast. I encourage bloggers to keep blogging. For those of you who don't blog, why not give it a try? Most people have at least some decent things to say. Write about what you know, write frequently, and write creatively. We can all learn from one another.

I'm done blogging for tonight. Alice is making burgers and then we're going out for dessert. I'm blessed.

2 comments:

Arthur Sido said...

Don't worry, I can be negative enough for the both of us.

Eric said...

Arthur,

Sometimes speaking the truth in love requires some negative talk. There's certainly nothing wrong with that.

I'm just trying to get away from an overall blogging atmosphere of the negative.