Friday, April 30, 2010

The Blessing of Music at T4G

Bob Kauflin of Worship Matters has written an encouraging post about leading the music at T4G.

In particular, I appreciate what Kauflin says here:
"Singing is a powerful way to express and deepen our unity in the gospel. While I’m sure that differences in opinion, perspective, and doctrine existed among the 7000+ attendees at T4G, hearing our voices as one declaring our dependence on and gratefulness for the person and work of Jesus Christ highlighted the fact that we were there to celebrate HIS greatness and faithfulness, not ours."
The music at T4G was an unexpected blessing for me. While I knew we would be singing, I had given little thought to what it would be like to sing praises to God with 7000+ other followers of Christ.

It was wonderful to stand next to people who I don't agree with on everything and still feel united with them in Christ. Music, if God-honoring, seems to have a unifying effect that goes beyond words. I suppose this is because it stirs our affections in a unique way.

I thank the Lord for His blessing of music and song.

Psalm 96:1-3, "Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless His name; proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples."

No comments: