Monday, September 14, 2015

What I'm Reading and Will Be Reading


I'm currently working my way through two very different books. The first, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, is Urban Legends of the New Testament. The book deals quite a bit with interpretive issues, in particular the critical importance of context.

I've also begun reading George Orwell's classic 1984. Somehow I've never read this one. In light of our current age, filled with political correctness and thought police, it seemed appropriate.

I'll post about each book when I finish them, but since I work a lot, run almost every day, and read slowly it will be a while before I conclude either one.

Additionally, I've ordered two books that will be arriving within the next few weeks: Unoffendable and Christ Alone: Five Challenges Every Group Will Face.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eric,

This really isn't about what your reading even though it seems interesting. It is just an encouraging word for today. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

Peter