Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baptized Again!

I suppose it is appropriate that at our recent church fall festival I was the first victim in the dunking booth. The photo above is actually an "action shot." If you look closely, you can see the platform separated in half and me hitting the water (click directly on the picture for more detail).

Since the Greek word baptidzo means to immerse, it felt something like getting baptized again and again! I must have been submerged about 20-25 times before my 30-minute segment mercifully ended. I do have to admit that it was fun watching the kids try to hit the target, but after a while it was beginning to feel like some sort of semi-water torture.

Maybe next year instead of a dunk tank we should just sprinkle.

2 comments:

Aussie John said...

Eric,

You are now an Anabaptist :)

Eric said...

Yes (except no one is trying to kill me for it!)