Monday, October 5, 2009

Accountability

Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

I Thessalonians 4:3, "For this is the will of God, your sanctification..."

I don't know why it has taken me as long as it has, but I have finally entered into an accountability partnership with another man in our church. I am really looking forward to this partnership because we will grow closer as friends and, more importantly, grow closer to the Lord through this process.

I have to admit that I am, in my flesh, not looking forward to answering hard questions (especially if I have knowingly sinned during the week). I am, however, looking forward to having this safeguard in place to help me sin less and glorify God more during the week.

Today my partner and I sat down with the goal of coming up with a list of questions we will ask each other every Monday. I've listed the 13 questions below. Please tell me what you think. Do you think there is anything either unnecessary or repetitive? Is there anything that I have left out? What have you done or asked in this type of relationship that has been helpful?


Accountability Questions:

1. Have you been with a woman anywhere that might be seen as compromising?

2. Have you had any inappropriate communication with a woman this week?

3. Have you exposed yourself to any sexually inappropriate or explicit material?

4. Have your financial dealings lacked integrity?

5. Are you living within your means and avoiding debt?

6. Have you spent adequate time in bible study and prayer?

7. Have you given priority time to your family?

8. Have you spent too much time on the computer or TV?

9. Have you given your body enough rest?

10. Have you consistently shown godly patience and speech?

11. Have you pursued a life of sanctification?

12. Have you given God all the glory for your accomplishments?

13. Have you just lied to me?

No comments: