Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Wonderful Invitation

"I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!" Psalm 34:1-3

I love these verses. The psalmist begins by expressing his own praise of God. He then invites other God-followers to worship the Lord with him. He understands that life with God is not primarily an individual one. Rather, the author is excited to invite others to magnify and exalt the Lord one with the other.

In our individualistic society we are trained from day one to think of self first, and to consider the individual before the group. This is not how God would have it. Let us attempt to think of the group first. When the group is the people of God, the result can and should be joyful togetherness in Christ.

Let's exalt him together!

No comments: