Monday, March 26, 2012

Topics of Interest (at Least for Me)

I've mentioned several times (probably too many) that I'm working a lot these days. This, by the way, is far superior to being unemployed.

Due to the work, my blogging time has decreased. Therefore, I'm planning to narrow down the focus of this blog. As in the icon to the left, I'm going to be writing primarily about four things that are topics of interest at least for me:

1. Simple Church / House Church/ Organic Church Positives

I realize that I write about this quite a bit already. However, my plan is to focus more on the positives of whatever we call this sort of church life. I hope you see a smaller percentage of posts targeting negatives of institutional church; this may occur from time to time, but the percentage will be dropping.

2. The Priesthood of All Believers

This often misunderstood doctrine of the faith is critical to a healthy church. The more I ponder the reality of our priesthood, the more stunned and awestruck I am by it. Of course, this is only possible because of our great High Priest - Christ himself.

3. The Atonement of Christ

This is probably my favorite doctrine of them all. The High Priest offers himself as the once for all sacrifice for us. It's so wonderful that it's almost unbelievable.

4. World Missions

This should need no explanation. What a privilege to be Christ's ambassadors!


I hope this streamlining of focus will make for a better blog and more interesting discussions. While blogging frequency will be less than in the past, maybe the quality will rise.

4 comments:

John Mureiko said...

You know Eric, even though you haven't had a lot of time to write, your posts are very real and down to earth. I love that! There are lots of really popular Christian bloggers who spend a lot of time discussing or posting on controversial or impersonal matters, and frankly, it gets old. They lose their personal and edifying touch when they try to hard to be serious. I can really see your heart for the church come out in your writing.

May God continue to richly bless you.

John Mureiko

Eric said...

John,

Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy the discussions more than the actual writing. It is such a benefit to hear what other brothers and sisters are thinking about church issues. I'm glad my blog can be an encouragement to some folks. Thanks again!

Steve Scott said...

Eric, thank you very much for not including:

5. Philadelphia Phillies

Your orange and black friend,

Steve

p.s. I have a different blog for that! LOL

Eric said...

Steve,

Here's shooting for six division titles in a row! Unfortunately, the Marlins and Nationals should both be improved and the Braves should still be pretty good. At least the Mets still stink.