Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My 5 Favorite Non-Inspired Christian Documents

The bible must be our supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. No questions asked.

That said, I have found it helpful to look through different Christian documents (creeds, confessions, statements of faith, etc.) in order to help me clarify what I believe and why.

Based on their content and/or their historical significance, the following are my 5 favorite non-inspired Christian documents:

The Nicene Creed (A.D. 325)

The 95 Theses (1517)

The Canons of the Synod of Dort (1618-1619)

The 2nd London Baptist Confession (1689)

The Abstract of Principles (1858)

What are your favorite Christian documents? Why?

1 comment:

Doulos said...

I like:

Luther's 95 theses

Barmen Declaration (Karl Barth, et al.)

Abstract of Principles

Well, three is all I come up with at the top of my head. Nonetheless, there they are.