Saturday, July 18, 2015

Meme Sunday Begins Tomorrow!


Tomorrow morning I'm beginning a new feature on this blog: Meme Sunday.

Each Sunday morning I'll post a church-related meme. Why? Well, I like making memes, and sometimes memes convey meaning very effectively. Also, they are fun. These will be memes that I create (I won't be plagiarizing from anyone else). While I do not expect any of this to be earth-shattering, I'm still looking forward to it. I've chosen Sundays because, as we all know, that's the day that the church is most active (or passive if sitting in pews).

Feel free to comment, or simply enjoy the fun.

1 comment:

Vascularity777 said...

A church meme that I found particularly nauseating:

"It is so because the Lead Pastor said so. He prays so he must be correct."

A young man who was the "leader" of a church men's group voiced this to me once. I verbally did not reply to him, but in my head the following thoughts occurred:

1. This guy is such a concrete thinker.
2. This guy is putting the lead pastor on a pathological pedestal.
3. I want to flick him on the ear.
4. I want to go home.