Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Love This Verse!

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16

If we take scripture seriously, then this verse has uber-significant application for various reasons. I'll briefly focus on one. It is not only our joy, but also our responsibility to teach and admonish others and also accept teaching and admonishing from others.

Paul has an expectation of action on our part. We are not to sit back and wait for others to do this, but instead we are to engage in teaching and admonishing the church. Since this letter is written to the entire body (note: not just some), this applies to all Christians. This is a key aspect to the priesthood of all believers.

In order for the church to be healthy, we must live this out.

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Woohoo! Lifting my hands and praising God. I too love this verse!!!

I also love what you wrote, especially this, "In order for the church to be healthy, we must live this out.”

I thoroughly enjoyed my stop at your blog and I'm looking forward to reading many more of your posts. I'd like to invite you to be my friend ☺ and follow each other.

Keep growing and glowing for God! God bless you. ✽KC

Eric said...

KC,

Thanks for reading! This verse has meant so much to me as God has opened my eyes to the beauty of his church that we see in scripture. He designed it to be so much more than a stale institution. God wants us all to teach one another. What an amazing thought!