Thursday, December 22, 2011

$$$$$$$$ and Missions


Felicity Dale at Simply Church has written another great post entitled, "When Western Finance Does More Harm Than Good."  The reality is that many American Christians have a deep desire to give toward missions but do not know how to best go about this. Sometimes the giving, if not directed appropriately, does more damage than good. Felicity's short piece is a great reminder that we need to be aware of cultural contexts before we begin working there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book "Toxic Charity" by Robert Lupton is a great read about this subject.

Also, I just wrote a bit on the church I used to attend and its budget.. is it really outreach

http://abnormalreaction.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/out-reaching-in/

Eric said...

Swanny,

I'm going to take a look at that book. I'll read your post too - probably this weekend when I have more time. Thanks.