Thursday, November 3, 2011

Promotion

Many of you know that my work situation has been somewhat difficult since I left the professional pastorate about one year ago. This past March God granted me an assembly position with JCB here in Savannah. This week I received a small promotion at JCB. Instead of working on the Skid-Steer assembly line, I'm now working as an inspector for completed machines. The work is more interesting, carries more responsibility, and pays a little more. As a bonus, I now get to drive the machines a bit. I share this with you not to pat myself on the back. Rather, I want to thank you for your prayers and support during this occupational odyssey. God truly is gracious and merciful.

I'm reminded of what Paul wrote to the Philippians in 4:19, "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen."

2 comments:

Aussie John said...

Eric,

Praise God for answered prayer.

Congratulations, as well! You must have been diligent and trustworthy in your job, and seen t0o be so.

Eric said...

John,

Thanks. I've tried to work hard in a tough environment. I'm grateful to the Lord for this opportunity. I'm hoping I'll be less tired as well.