Thursday, October 21, 2010

Question: What is the Best Church?

Answer: the church (there is only one)


Ephesians 4:1-6 "I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call - one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (emphasis mine)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say Crystal Cathedral because their message of positive thinking is clearly working for them, but you have a good point.

Eric said...

Micah,

Ha-ha. They just need to think a lot harder!

For some reason that is now beyond my comprehension, my family - including me - visited the Crystal Cathedral when we went on a western trip in 1984. It was a beautiful building, but what a waste. I think my parents, like a lot of people, must have been deceived into thinking that Schuller believed the gospel.

On a totally different topic, I had lunch yesterday with the three pastors from Ferguson Avenue Baptist. We had a great time. The fellowship was sweet and the conversation good. Although we clearly disagree on some fairly significant issues regarding the church, it was still a great time together. I'm glad that can happen.

Aussie John said...

Eric,

The best church? The one you and I belong to, of which Christ is the Pastor!

Anonymous said...

Hold on a there!
I thought both Paul and Apollos had at least one church each as well as Christ!

Eric said...

Frank,

Ha-ha.