Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Translation Need

Ever since I learned to read, I've enjoyed searching through the pages of the bible. Since English is my first language (and only fluent one, he said sadly), the scriptures have always been easily accessible. We English speakers have an embarrassing abundance of translations to choose from (click here to see an example of this).

What if I or you had been born with no access to the bible in our heart language? What if this was still the case? What a sad situation that would be! I cannot imagine.

Bible translation is a critical aspect of getting the gospel to all the nations. I thank the Lord for organizations like Wycliffe Bible Translators. I encourage you to look at their website. Two interesting pages caught my eyes. The first is entitled The Worldwide Status of Bible Translation (2010). The Second is called The Areas of Greatest Need.

No comments: