Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Results: The 10 Most Desired Books of the Bible

(In case you were wondering, the 10 bible books I would choose on a deserted island are Genesis, Exodus, Psalms, Isaiah, Matthew, John, Acts, Romans, Ephesians, and Revelation.)

I've tabulated the results of the 9 folks (including me) who responded to this question. Below are the number of people - with 9 being the maximum - who selected each book:

Genesis - 8
Exodus - 7
Leviticus - 1
Ruth - 1
I Samuel - 1
II Samuel - 1
Esther - 1
Job - 3
Psalms - 9
Proverbs - 5
Ecclesiastes - 1
Isaiah - 4
Daniel - 1
Jonah - 1
Matthew - 7
Mark - 1
Luke - 1
John - 8
Acts - 3
Romans - 6
Galatians - 1
Ephesians - 6
Philippians - 2
Colossians - 2
I Timothy - 1
II Timothy - 1
Hebrews - 1
James - 2
I John - 1
Revelation - 3

Psalms is the winner, with Genesis and John coming in a close second. I'm somewhat surprised that Isaiah and Romans did not get higher scores.

Thank God we don't have to ever really be confronted with this difficult and uncomfortable question.

No comments: