Thursday, July 13, 2017

That's All Folks!



Blogging is terrific when it's well done. I'd like to think I've been part of that for the past decade. However, the time has come for me to retire. I haven't blogged in over a month, haven't missed it, and quite frankly have only thought about it a few times. That tells me that this is the appropriate time.

I'd like to thank those of you who have read and commented on this blog. I've learned a lot and been challenged. In particular, both the writing and the interaction have stretched my understanding of what Christ's church is and should be. Thank you for adding to the conversations.

The only negative about stopping is that I won't be able to converse with you all. However, I do have a Facebook account. If you feel like it, send me a friend request.

Thanks again!

4 comments:

Norm M. said...

Eric,

Your blog has been a blessing to me for several years, and it's been tremendously influential in my pursuit of a relationship with Jesus and fellowship with His followers. I'll definitely miss your posts, but I know that sometimes one effort must end before another can begin. May God bless your future endeavors.

Upward and onward!

Eric said...

Thanks Norm!

Blogging has been a lot of fun and worthwhile. I'm glad if anything I wrote helped you or anyone else. I still hold all the same convictions, especially about the church. However, I don't have anything new to say right now. I'm going to leave the blog up so anyone can look back through it if they want to. I hope your family is doing well brother!

Tim said...

Do people still respond to old postings because they did a google search that led to one of your articles?
i used to watch the little gauge on the side that showed the different locations in the world that were reading and which articles, even old ones.

I'm sure this effort has been powered by God's work in your soul. The rewards will be eternal though perhaps unseen today.

Eric said...

Thanks Tim,

I'm going to leave the blog up for anyone to read it who wants to. I'll also check back occasionally to moderate comments. I'm happy if it has been a blessing to anyone. Thank you for your consistent comments.