Saturday, May 13, 2017

Taking a Blogging Break

Blogging is easy. Blogging well is not.

I've taken blogging breaks in the past just to clear my mind. This break is different. I'm seriously considering giving up blogging permanently. Although I enjoy the social interaction that comes with blogging, I feel like I have written just about all that I have to say. My primary purpose in this blog is to discuss scripture, theology, and the church. For the past ten years I've been doing that. The well has just about run dry.

When I look at my blogging over the past year, I do not like what I see. The topics are all over the place. It reads more like a running diary than an organized, well-thought-out blog. Because of that, I'm going to take a blogging break until July 1st. During the next month and a half I'm going to consider whether or not to continue blogging. Frankly, this isn't that big of a deal. We'll all be fine if I cease and desist.

See you in early July. Regardless of my decision, I will at least post one more time at that date.

No comments: