Thursday, May 28, 2015

Answering Fifteen Important Church-Related Questions


A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post entitled "Sorry, But I Can't Stop Asking Questions." My purpose behind that piece was to encourage all of us to continue inquiring about why things are as they are (I recently put together a related post entitled "Beware the Status Quo").

Although it makes many people uncomfortable, we must continue to ask, ask, and ask some more. This is one of the few ways that change comes about. In my post about asking questions I listed fifteen examples of important questions that should be asked of the church. The questions are wide-ranging, hitting on a variety of topics.

Over the next several weeks I'm going to be answering those questions one by one. You may agree with me or not. However, if you do not please comment. I appreciate opposing viewpoints (feel free to comment even when you agree).

The first question should be a fun one: Why do so many Christians gather for "worship"?

No comments: